Are you interested in becoming part of the Hospice PEI team? Please check out our current available employment positions below.
Queens Coordinator of Hospice Services – CLOSED
Hospice PEI is a charitable registered charity that provides compassionate care, respite support and bereavement services for persons who are palliative and living with a life-limiting illness. The Coordinator of Hospice Services is responsible for recruitment, screening, training, scheduling, and monitoring of bedside volunteers. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with other Hospice staff and health care partners in Queens County to respond to client needs, promote volunteer opportunities to the public, and maintain a positive image of the organization within the community.
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of a post secondary degree in human services or equivalent work experience with evidence based transferable skills and a positive work history in a related field. Preference will be given to candidates possessing either a post secondary degree or diploma in a related field plus positive related work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as needed and as part of collaborative teams
- Experience in managing or supervising people
- Effective communication skills with experience in delivering presentations
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated comfort with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs – utilizing office programs, email, excel and other data collection software used for client and volunteer management
- A successful and current Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector
- A valid PEI driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Be available to work flexible hours
- Must complete the Hospice PEI Volunteer Training program within the first year of employment.
This position is housed at our Provincial Office with some flexibility to work from home. This is a fulltime permanent position. Apply with your resume and cover letter along with three references by email to: [email protected].
Position to start immediately. For more information on salary and benefits please email Director of Hospice PEI at [email protected].