As we strive to achieve our combined Vision and Mission, your membership with Hospice PEI provides essential support to our association. All Islanders have the right to access comprehensive and coordinated hospice services, and together we can make a difference!
Why Become a Member of HPEI? What are the benefits of becoming a member?
Annual Membership to Hospice PEI entitles you to have a voice and a say to promote, support and influence quality end of life care for Islanders. It enables you to have a stronger voice with many to support and build on quality end of life care in our province.
- Hospice PEI exists so that Islanders experience quality hospice palliative care.
- Islanders, with a medically provided palliative diagnosis, experience person-centered care through their dying journey.
- Islanders impacted by the death of their loved ones, experience person-centered support through their grief journey, with a priority to those whose loved ones have been clients of Hospice PEI.
- Islanders know about, and have access to, hospice palliative care and bereavement services and resources in their communities.
- Islanders are supported by a favorable legislative and policy environment.
Where does your membership have an impact?
Legitimacy: Membership significantly enhances the overall power of the hospice palliative care movement.
Credibility: Strength in numbers. The larger the membership base the more effective the Provincial Association is in the many aspects of their mandates, such as awareness raising, fundraising, policy development and informing provincial and national standards.
Effectiveness: Membership allows for the pooling of resources to create a hospice palliative care system to serve all Canadians. Service providers and Islanders have the knowledge they are provided with evidence-based best practices in hospice palliative care.
Service providers and Islanders have access to a highly trained pool of volunteers able to support palliative hospice clients in your community and facilities.
- Subscription to HPEI’s quarterly newsletter
- Support the ongoing development of the hospice palliative care movement in PEI and Canada
- Contribute to the development of health policy and position statements
- Access to networking, educational opportunities and resources in the province
- Discount to Hospice PEI resources, educational opportunities and Hospice PEI training
- Voting privileges at the provincial Annual General Meeting
- Eligibility for election to the HPEI’s Board of Directors
- Members logo and information added to the HPEI website page
- Promotion on Hospice PEI social media platforms
- Recognition in annual reports
1 Health Service Providers $300 with over 100 residents/patients
2 Health Service Providers $200 with under 100 residents/patients
3 Organization/business $200 with over 10 employees
4 Organization/Business $100 with under 10 employees
5 Individual $40
6 Student/Senior $30
7 Hospice PEI Active Volunteers $20
Membership is valid from date of purchase until December 31 of the following year and are renewed and are renewed annually on January 1st.
Membership excludes cost of Hospice PEI training.
To become a member of Hospice PEI, please call 902-368-4498.
Thank you for your support!