Third-Party Fundraising Event
Information & Application
Thank you for your interest in supporting Hospice PEI. We welcome and appreciate your efforts to help fund emotional and spiritual end-of-life care and support to patients and families on Prince Edward Island facing advancing illness, death and bereavement.
Hosting an independent fundraising event is a great way to support Hospice PEI’s programs and services while educating your audience at the same time. Events are often initiated by individuals or groups in honour of a family member, friend or co-worker who received care from Hospice PEI. Each event, small or large, demonstrates the spirit of generosity and commitment to quality end-of-life care in our community.
Successful events included:
• Book sales
• Golf tournaments
• Cycling or walking tours
• And many others!
Events are created and managed by you and/or your team, with proceeds being directed to Hospice PEI. We do not take an active role in planning or organizing your event, but we do provide you with information and support to help ensure its success.
Hospice PEI can:
- Approve the use of Hospice PEI’s name and logo for your event.
- Provide a limited amount of support materials, such as brochures and informational materials.
- Promote your event on our website.
- Acknowledge your direct contribution to Hospice PEI and provide recognition as set forth in our Donor Recognition Policy.
- Provide information on tax receipting guidelines.
Things we cannot do include:
- Taking an active role in the planning or organizing of your event.
- Providing staff support.
- Sharing access to donor contact information or applying for licenses for your event.
Events we will not approve:
- Events that raise money on commission.
- Events that encourage or involve behaviour that is counter to the Hospice PEI mission.
- Events that promote or support a political party or candidate, or those which appear to endorse a political activity.
- Events that involve direct solicitation (including but not limited to door-to-door canvassing, telemarketing or internet solicitation).
What is a 3rd-Party Fundraising Event?
It is a fundraiser held on behalf of Hospice PEI but organized and run independently by individuals or groups.
How will the proceeds of the event be used?
Funds received go towards providing programs and services at Hospice PEI. These include such things as services bereavement and spiritual support, volunteer support, and education.
How will Hospice PEI support the event?
We want to make sure your event is a success and will do what we can to assist you within the limits of our resources. We can provide you with information about Hospice PEI, approve the use of our logo and name on your promotional materials, and assist you with tax receipting information. We encourage you to contact us early in your planning process to discuss your event and how we can help.
Who should I contact to talk about hosting an event?
Please contact Hospice PEI by calling 902-368-4498 or emailing [email protected].
Prefer a paper copy? Download the PDF.